Monday, September 10, 2012


Superfantastical sorta day!

Today was a great day for my waistline.  I've rededicated myself to my food journal and man does that pay off!  I am amazed at all the times I wanted a snack or thought about having a snack and then checked the calorie content and decided not to, yeah for me!  I also made it all day without having a soda.  I think this last week was just so stressful that it brought out my bad habits which then leads to all of the diet pop drinking.  I have no flipping clue either why I drink it so much because when I do, it makes me feel like crap, I get bloated, and then the next day I look bloated and it makes my nails go bad. 

This week for one of my courses we had to read a research paper on the consumption of diet soda and it's effect on our vascular health and it's link to metabolic syndrome.  There is a serious link and increase in these health issues with people who consume diet soda, even light drinkers who drink a can a day.  There is more research to be done because the study did not include the lifestyles of those who drank diet soda, but it makes me even more aware that it is not a smart thing for me to be drinking, not even occasionally when I fall off the wagon.

Interesting stuff that I am getting into, I am glad I chose to go this route with my education and career.  The health field is the place for me!

Cheyenne and I had an amazing run yesterday!  We ran 6.3 miles together which was the farthest she has ran so far.  She can easily do a half marathon, I am so excited for October!  We make a good running pair, our overall average was 9'30" miles yesterday which is super good!

Make this day your best!  Now I am off to work on lots and lots of homework!!

Peace out~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment