Monday, September 17, 2012

My hips don't lie...but they don't take direction well either!

Today I took my first zumba class.  So much fun!  The moves were fast paced, there were disco lights and loud music!  It didn't even seem like an exercise class.  So it's been awhile since I've had to try to keep in step with any dance moves and yes, I was awkward and missed 90% of them or was three steps behind them, but I was moving and shaking and yes, exercising!!!  This is something I will look forward to doing in the future.  I really have a lot of respect and admiration for these teachers.  It must be hard enough to do these moves fluidly, but to keep step and to encourage while you are doing it, wow!

Stepping on my scale before I went to class was a great experience too today.  The scale was actually at my morning weight which is great!  It means that I am continuing to go down, yes!!!  It has actually been a good few days in a row of staying under my 1,500 calorie threshold.  My new habits are starting to pay off and it's been over a week again of being pop free!  I've also starting drinking the Yogi detox tea once a day too just to help cleanse my system.

Happy thoughts to everyone!  Peace out!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment