Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Power in numbers.

My good friend sent me a text for help this morning.  She's had enough with the battle and needs help.  I LOVE getting a text like this.  It's a step in the right direction to reach out and ask for help when needed.  I am and WILL be there for her in this journey.  Now my research begins.  What is an ideal goal weight, what should the first attainable goal be?  What amount of calories do we need to cut, what are her current eating habits?  I am doing lots of background work to design a path for us to take.  She has agreed to join the YMCA and I will hold her accountable and make her go to class with me.  There is a lot of work ahead, but having a workout buddy makes it more enjoyable and accountable!
I just want to stress the importance of having a good support system.  Good friends should support what you are trying to achieve and not derail you.  Our world is full of temptations and bad (cheap) choices.  It takes hard work and determination to obtain success, but it is so within our reach! 
This week has been busy physically for me.  Monday night I went to Zumba, so fun!  Yesterday I went for a run and tonight I went to the YMCA to lift weights.  Tomorrow I plan on taking a run and then squeezing in a run while we are up in Duluth. 

Nobody ever said life was easy, be strong!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment