Monday, October 22, 2012

The truth is not sweet!

I did a bit of research this morning about sugar.  I've heard that sugar intake should be limited when dieting, but what exactly does that mean?  It means that we can have foods that normally contain sugar such as fruit without being overly concerned, but what I need to pay attention to is the added sugar that I put in things.  Tragically what this means is that I need to SERIOUSLY cut back on my coffee creamer addiction.  Ugh, I am not even sure how to address this.  I must have french vanilla in my coffee! 

I've discovered that I should only have about 25 grams of added sugar a day.  This is going to take some serious work.  I am going to try to reduce my intake first before cutting all the way back to 25.  I will do this in a three week phase.  I first need to analyze what I take in on an average day which can be calculated by my food diary.  Then I will try to reduce this by thirds until I reach my goal.  This has worked best for me so far, to take a measured approach to my goals and not just stop cold turkey.

Ugh, this makes me sad:(

No comments:

Post a Comment